I doubt anybody on the Central Coast has been repairing computers as long as we have. Since the 1980’s Dean has been providing high end I.T. services, repairs, sales and updates. The fact that we own this domain name gives you some idea as to how long we have been selling computers for online. These days we are only doing repairs as Dean has other business interests but he ENJOYS doing repairs and he is meticulous in his attention to detail and charges very reasonably.
Our 10 most common laptop repairs are :
- Cracked / Broken Screen Replacement
- Keyboard Replacement
- Hard Drive Replacement
- Power Supply Replacement
- Overheating problems. We always make sure we check the CPU temperature of any machine we get to repair. We have seen some running as hot as 106 degrees CELCIUS! Yes, that is HOTTER than boiling water. Typically if your laptop fan is at high RPM .. CONSTANTLY then you need to bring it to us. Not only can it damage the CPU and other components but it also SLOWS the computer significantly.
- Virus detection and Virus Removal
- Malware detection and Malware Removal
- Data Recovery
- O/S Update
- Password Recovery (both user and SYSKEY). You may have had a SYSKEY password installed by some shonky phone scammer who has accessed your PC remotely.
Our 3 most common laptop upgrades are :
- SSD (Solid State Drive) Hard Drive upgrades (make most laptops about 10 times faster). Typically they boot in under 10 seconds after being updated.
- RAM Upgrades. An important thing to remember about RAM upgrades is that MORE is NOT always going to make your PC or laptop faster. Once you have ENOUGH, there is no advantage to putting more. 4gb of ram is usually enough for MOST people and 8gb is typically heaps, unless you are someone who does graphic design, video editing or high end gaming. Don’t get sucked into buy RAM that you do not need.
- Operating System Updates